10 Massage Therapy Benefits that Might Surprise You
If you think getting a massage is just a special luxury treat, think again! On-going research indicates that massage therapy is a remarkable tool that eases pain and helps patients take control of their health and well-being. Even many insurance companies have come to recognize the numerous massage therapy benefits! From easing chronic pain to improving your mental well-being to helping injuries heal and so many others, people are often surprised to learn of the countless massage therapy benefits.
Ready to learn more? Here are just a few of the ways you could benefit from getting a massage.
10 Massage Therapy Benefits
Massage therapy refers to the manipulation and rubbing of the skin, tendons, ligaments and muscles. This practice improves circulation and helps to remove toxins from the blood. The techniques used during a massage range from deep pressure to gentle stroking depending upon the recipient’s specific needs.
Massage therapy provides a number of remarkable benefits. Here are a few that may convince you to schedule your next massage today!
- Feeling stressed out? Getting a massage provides natural stress relief.
- Massage therapy increases range of motion and alleviates pain in the lower back.
- Massages during pregnancy can aid in shorter and easier labor.
- Massage therapy eases the constant pain caused by fibromyalgia and a number of other chronic pain conditions.
- Getting a massage releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers, reducing dependence on prescription and over-the-counter pain medication.
- People who get massages experience less stress-reduced insomnia and enjoy more peaceful, restorative sleep.
- Athletes get massages to boost their performance and help them recover following intense activity.
- Massage therapy eases the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Getting a massage stimulates the body’s natural defense system and boosts immunity.
- Massage therapy can reduce swelling and pain following surgery.
Are you ready to experience all these massage therapy benefits and more for yourself? If so, contact Denver South Chiropractic today by calling 303-757-7272.