Since almost everyone suffers from back pain at one time or another, it’s often difficult to decide whether a particular case warrants a trip to the chiropractor. Generally speaking, if you are suffering from persistent or disabling pain in your back, it’s a good idea to seek a chiropractic professional diagnosis.
While the problem may turn out to be something minor, it could also stem from a serious underlying condition.
If you’re suffering from pain in your back, here are a few signs that indicate that you should schedule an appointment with your chiropractor.
When to See a Chiropractor for Back Pain
Typically, you should schedule an appointment to have your back pain assessed if the pain is severe, causes disability or does not show signs of improvement within a couple days. If your back pain has any of the following characteristics, we recommend giving Denver South Chiropractic a call to schedule an appointment:
- Back pain that develops following a trauma, such as a fall or a car accident
- Constant pain that is becoming more severe
- Back pain that does not resolve within four to six weeks
- Severe pain that does not become intense after a few days of standard treatment, including over-the-counter pain medications, rest and ice
- Pain that is worse at night
- Pain that is so severe that it wakes you up from a deep sleep
- Back pain accompanied by pain in the abdomen
- Pain in the back accompanied by numbness in the groin, upper thighs or buttocks
- Back pain accompanied by neurological symptoms, such as numbness, tingling or weakness in the legs or arms
Chiropractor for Back Pain in Denver
If you need a chiropractor for back pain in Denver, contact Denver South Chiropractic today. We will perform a thorough spinal exam to determine the underlying cause of your pain and recommend a course of treatment that will help you get back to living your life like you did before the pain started.
To schedule a consultation at Denver South Chiropractic, please call 303-757-7272 now.