5 Ways Kids Benefit from Chiropractic
From newborns to teens, kids of all ages can benefit greatly from regular chiropractic care. Seeing a chiropractor starting at a young age sets a foundation for a lifetime of health and well-being, and it’s never too early to seek pediatric chiropractic care. There are countless reasons why a chiropractor should be a part of your child’s healthcare team. Let’s take a look at just 5 of the ways kids benefit from chiropractic.
How Kids Benefit from Chiropractic Care
- Birth Trauma Recovery. Labor and delivery aren’t only difficult for mothers; infants also experience physical strain. In fact, about 2% of US birthday result in some type of physical injury to the infant. A thorough chiropractic evaluation shortly after birth is one of the best ways to detect and treat such injuries.
- Immune System Support. You might not think about your child’s immune system when you think about scheduling an appointment with a chiropractor, but you should. Research indicates that chiropractic adjustments allow the immune system to function properly.
- Preventative Treatment. Keeping your kids healthy is much easier than getting them well once they’re ill. Unfortunately, modern medicine is largely based on “sick-care” rather than prevention. Scheduling regular visits with a chiropractor is a good way of protecting your child’s physical health and preventing injuries and illness.
- Treatment for Falls and Injuries. Kids fall and get hurt. Bruises and bumps are just a normal part of everyday life. While it’s easy to tell when your child has suffered a serious injury, minor injuries often are not so easy to detect. These minor injuries sometimes result in what is known as a “micro trauma.” These micro traumas can lead to subluxations and, eventually, an increased risk of long-term health complications.
- Colic Treatment. Research shows that chiropractic care helps infants suffering from colic. According to the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, chiropractic treatment improves crying behavior in colic patients. In many infants, colic symptoms decrease shortly after beginning chiropractic treatment.
Chiropractic for Kids in Denver
At Denver South Chiropractic, we treat patients of all ages, and we are proud to offer safe and effective chiropractic for kids in Denver. To learn more about the many ways chiropractic treatment could help set your child up for a healthy life, contact us today. Call 303-757-7272.